- Must program Folk and Global Roots formats (must 50% of playlist or more).
- Must be an internet, satellite, or terrestrial broadcaster.
- Minimum one year on-air.
- No more than eight years of broadcasting experience.
- Use Soundcloud/Dropbox/email to submit aircheck - no web links accepted.
- Six voice track segments or 15 minutes of a show (without music) can be submitted in mp3 format with a show playlist. Do not submit music.
- All paperwork and aircheck must be received by September 30, 2018, at midnight CT.
- Scholarship candidate will be chosen and notified by November 9, 2018.
FAI SCHOLARSHIP PROVISIONS
- Scholarship provides one full registration to the Folk Alliance International Conference Feb 13-17, 2019, in Montréal, Québec, Canada. All applicants are encouraged to save these dates in the case they are selected.
- The scholarship provides one round-trip airline flight not to exceed $500US as arranged by FAI staff in the US, Canada, or Internationally. If the chosen candidate chooses to drive, FAI will provide government rate of 53.5¢ per mile travel expenses (up to $500 based on a round trip mapped calculation from home address).
- The scholarship provides four (4) nights hotel stay
- The scholarship provides $100CAD for Conference expenses
Radio veterans from US and Canadian broadcast organizations, and one industry business representative.