- Must program Folk and World Music formats
- Must be an internet, satellite, or terrestrial broadcaster
- Minimum one year on-air
- No more than five years broadcasting experience
- Use Soundcloud/Dropbox/email to submit aircheck
- All paperwork and aircheck must be received by September 30, 2017, at midnight CT
- Scholarship candidate will be chosen and notified by November 10, 2017.
FAI SCHOLARSHIP PROVISIONS
- Scholarship provides one full registration to the Folk Alliance International Conference Feb 14-18, 2018 in Kansas City, Missouri. All applicants are encouraged to save these dates in the case they are selected.
- Scholarship provides one round trip airline flight not to exceed $500US as arranged by FAI staff in the US, Canada, or Internationally. If the chosen candidate chooses to drive, FAI will provide government rate of 53.5¢ per mile travel expenses (up to $500 based on a round trip mapped calculation from home address).
- Scholarship provides four (4) nights hotel stay
- Scholarship provides $100US for Conference expenses
Radio veterans from US and Canadian broadcast organizations, and one industry business representative.